The Competition - What's in it for you?
What's in it for you?
Self-tapes are more and more common as an audition tool.
So what's a self-tape? It's a tape of you auditioning. That you made. A self-tape.
What's our part:
We will choose up to 5 of the best self-tapes entered into the competition and send them on to selected casting directors. We will share on the Audition Room website up to 15 of the best at the end of the competition which you can watch. Winners will be notified via email but not announced. We will not name the casting directors whom their tapes will be sent to. We don't name casting directors so you can't all call them asking for auditions. They will contact you if you're appropriate for one of their projects. Competition begins July 1st and ends Dec 31st.
What's in it for you:
You may get your self-tape forwarded to a casting director who is looking for someone just like you for a production.
What's your part:
watch the video and find out.
What's in it for us:
Well, we're a pay it forward kind of team and we can help with finding that right someone for a casting director to take a look at, we'd love to. And besides, you might want to buy a kindle single/eBook or two over the summer or maybe the whole book?
Read / Download our Terms & Conditions
Download Our Terms & Conditions
Please read these competition rules carefully. If you enter one of our competitions, we will assume that you have read these rules and that you agree to them.
1. The Audition Competition is open to actors of any nationality living and working in the UK.
2. The competition is not open to employees (or members of their immediate families) of Calm Publishing or any subsidiary of Calm Publishing.
3. No purchase is necessary.
4. Entrants must be over 16 years of age.
5. Entries must be spoken in the English language.
6. Submissions consist of:
6. a, A minute long filmed performance of a single actor
6. b, The filmed performance uploaded to YouTube
6. c, The YouTube link supplied in an email to: email@example.com
7. Submission is to be used as an excerpt for audition purposes
8. Entrants should also put the title of the piece submitted with their YouTube clip, but not include their name or contact details anywhere other than the email to The Audition Room.
• 8.a, Entrants should state their name, the title of the piece and the character they are playing on their YouTube clip, but not include their contact details on the clip.
• 8.b, The actor's contact details should not appear anywhere other than the email to The Audition Room.
9. Submissions may only be sent by email to The Audition Room
• 9.a, Submissions may only be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• 9.b, no correspondence will be entered into.
10. Incorrectly completed entries will be disqualified.
11. Replying via an email is not proof that we have received your entry. No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost or delayed, or which are not received for any reason.
12. Please note the actors name and contact details should only appear on the email.
13. The following details must appear on the email
13.b, The actor's full name, age, contact details and agent details if represented.
13.c, The link to the uploaded link on Youtube
s13.d, The statement ‘I have read and agree to the terms and conditions of the competition.’
14. Submissions by co-acting partnerships will not be accepted.
15. All entries must be submitted by the competition deadline of 6pm BST 31 December 2013.
16. Entrants may only make one submission.
17. Entering the competition constitutes permission for The Audition Room to use the entrants’ names or filmed entry for publicity and promotional purposes without any additional compensation.
18. There will be no cash prize.
19. No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize
20. The prize will not be transferable to another person.
21. The competition will be judged by a Casting Professional.
22. The prize consists of: A maximum of five chosen winners will have their filmed submissions sent to selected Casting Professionals to view the YouTube links.
23. This in no way means that the Casting professionals are obligated to use the entrants on current or future projects.
24. The Casting professionals will remain un-named.
25. The winners will be notified via email but will not be publicised as a winner.
26. The best entrants, including the winners, will be uploaded to a YouTube channel for others to watch.
Submit your self-tape
Links to useful resources